In this article, researchers at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) have confirmed this fact that many of us have already known for a long time. Some of their we-knew-it-already findings include:
- The most effective on-line teachers establish communication early and quickly.
- The team leader or teacher must work hard to overcome the potential coldness of the electronic medium.
- Good instructors model solidarity, congeniality, and affiliation.
- Good online group leaders reinforce predictable patterns in communication and action.
- Positive group leaders also involve team members in meaningful tasks.
- Establishing swift trust early, contributes to subsequent course success.