Registration is open for the Facilitator Development Online course which runs May 7-18, 2018. This is an intensive 2-week program to prepare you to facilitate FLO workshops.
I will be co-facilitating this course with Ross McKerlich from Okanagan College, along with other FDO alumni who might wish to step in to help out. This is what I love about FLO -- the ongoing collaboration to keep the facilitation spirit and skills 'fLO'wing!
|Ross facilitating some facilitators on the topic of...guess...facilitation|
- There is no cost to enrol, only a polite ask for commitment.
- The course remains open to participants after the completion date. After all, the workshop experience is really all about what the learners contribute -- rich discussions, and artefacts they plan to re-use in their own facilitation.
- Participants are invited to return to participate or assist in future workshops, also at no cost.
- The learning experience relies on the distributed expertise of the members.
- The workshop facilitators take on the typical tasks: welcome, model, clarify, support, advance dialogue, etc. However, the to-become-facilitators share that role, and are invited practice.
- During the workshop we often reach out to engage groups and individuals outside the workshop
- Past FDO alumni are encouraged to share back -- new ideas, experiences with implementation, etc.
- The workshop space is available to registrants only. However, everyone is encouraged to share out using social media.
- There is no pressure to "complete" -- the learner decides when the outcomes have been met.
- Discussions about how to improve the workshop experience are encouraged and ongoing
- It's all about what individuals are willing to invest. The opportunity to take facilitation to the next level is always there!
Do you want to take facilitation to the next level? I hope to see you in FDO!