Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tools to Prevent Test Cheating

Here are just a couple of what's available. (More tools and ideas on my Resource Links page about plagiarism and also on my Quiz Resource Links page.)

SecureExam Browser: "A security application that locks down any web-based tool or platform, transforming school specific applications into secure testing vehicles. Like other Securexam applications, Securexam Browser creates a secure test environment by locking down the Windows operating system on the test-taker's laptop or desktop computer, only allowing access to the test application via our secure Internet browser. Giving exams on the internet has never been this easy or secure." Can be used with any testing situation, plus it's one of the WebCT/Blackboard Powerlinks.

Respondus Lockdown Browser: "...a custom browser that creates a secure testing environment within the WebCT and Blackboard e-learning platforms. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading."

1 comment:

  1. I think it is about time that you and I connected. I'd really like to talk to you about some of the points you've discussed here.
    You remind me of my best friend back in New Hampshire.|I simply must tell you that your write ups are really valuable.|I wants to be a master in this field.
    I just stumbled on your article.|I have just learned new insights because of your website.|Found you while on Website and I'm so happy I did.|I will be a regular visitor to your site ongoing.
    A lot of things to take into consideration.|I have used both of them and I really →→부산오피

    ReplyDelete