Getting ready for CanadaMoot 2011! A "moot" is a conference dedicated to Moodle users, developers and administrators. I've been using Moodle since summer, 2003 so I was probably pretty close to being one of the 2500 downloads the first week after version 1.0.9 was released. With founder Martin Dougiamas' help, we got Moodle up and running at Nicola Valley Institute of Technology, complete with an institutional theme, course shells and training for faculty, in just the few weeks leading up to the start of the 2003 semester. Exciting times!
This is where most of my Moodle work has been centred:
- Manager of Client Services -- Online Communities for BCcampus, which includes a community of Moodle users through the shared services program
- Program Committee for Canada Moodle Moot 2009
- First Nations Pedagogy Project, and Educational Technology Facilitator at Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- Community Steward for SCoPE, a free, online community for individuals interested in educational research and practice
- Co-facilitator for the Learning and Knowledge Analytics MOOC
- Instructor, course designer, and loyal knowmate at Knowplace
- Moodle Admin for selected events hosted by University of Manitoba's Learning Technology Centre
Moodle Moot - April, 2009
- "SCoPE - An open, online community for people like you"
- "How we do what we did" with Jill Calliou, Randy LaBonte, and Frances Long
- "University of Manitoba: Moodle for conferences and massive open online courses"
- Coordinator and Moderator: "Showcasing Saskatchewan and Manitoba" with Patricia Yeske, Delise Fathers, and Rob Wall
- Moderator: "Finishing the Moodle Canvas - Encouraging Greater Usability" with Scott Tearle
- Moderator: "Moodle Theming Workshop" with Julian Ridden
- Moodle Platform Spokesperson and Support
- Birds of a Feather Facilitator: "Moodle for Community"
- "Using Moodle for Online Community"
- "Dealing with the Challenges Remote Communities Face with Online Learning", with George Cavaliere
- Workshop: "Build a Course in Moodle", with G. Bennett, H. Jackson, F. Long, S. Cooper, S. Morrison
- Presentation: "Implementing Moodle at an Aboriginal College", with D. Gambler
- Presentation: "Why Moodle?", with D. Gambler and C. Littlewood
- Sharing the responsibility to keep the Moot twitter feed active
- Designing and coordinating a 3-week Moodle 2.0 Workshop (free, open to all) April 18-May 13, with a one-week break May 2-6). More information about this soon!
- Online presentation: Facilitating in the Open
Description: The increase in opportunities for educational practitioners to participate in open, online workshops, courses, and events, calls for a unique set of skills and considerations for facilitators. This session will focus on examples of facilitation using Moodle among the mix of social networking tools to support a variety of open learning activities.