Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have homework!

I made a decision in April NOT to participate in the first offering of the 5-week CPsquare  Connected Futures workshop. The only reason was lack of time. This workshop offers everything I want and need right now -- a lively group of people involved in online communities eager to roll up their sleeves and experiment with social strategies and Web2.0 tools. When I started to notice tweets from colleagues who were participating, some which were posted during their first telephone conference, it became too difficult to be on the outside! So late last week I knocked on John Smith's door...please, is there room for one more? I'm so glad I did!

I spent a few days catching up on forum posts, adding a few of my own, getting myself set up with the "core tools". So far I already have accounts on most of these sites or at least have experience with the bag of tools we're using for the workshop. But seriously, they weren't kidding when they said the workshop is
not for beginners nor the faint-hearted.
On the other hand, one of the 32 participants will probably respond to any newbie questions within seconds so we're all feeling well supported!

In the workshop we're using tables in wikis to provide an at-a-glance view of our community experiences, sector experiences, and treasured resources. This is a strategy I will definitely use in future workshops and gatherings as an alternative to the usual post-your-intros routine. 

Today we have a conference call to check in and prepare for this week's field trips. I missed the first call, and feel like I need to fill in a few more blanks before the 2nd one -- wikis to contribute to, profiles to update, pictures to upload, chapters to read, tweets to catch up on, friends and followers to become more acquainted with, and blog posts to write (check!).


No comments:

Post a Comment