Friday, February 8, 2008

MicroSCoPE February Issue

The February Issue of MicroSCoPE has been posted. This is a monthly compilation of upcoming events, recaps on past activities, observations about what SCoPE members are up to elsewhere (PeriSCoPE), and items that bring attention to features in the community that improve and expand possibilities for participation.

MicroSCoPE is a short newsletter but nevertheless seems to take forever to put together! I collect bits and pieces throughout the month, and sometimes rely too heavily on my memory when it comes to the final scramble to post it by the deadline (my self-imposed deadline -- I like to get it out by the end of the first week of each month). I'm finding that Google Notebook has really helped me with this process.

I've looked into more sophisticated tools for publishing newsletters, but using a Moodle forum seems to serve the purpose. I keep it simple for people reading via email, and I also encourage readers to forward the email to their friends and colleagues. So I try to keep the entries brief, and avoid images and mile-long URLs.

No comments:

Post a Comment