Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shifting Landscapes of Professional Learning, Part 4

What are other ways our landscape for professional learning has shifted?

One morning in May I was planning an upcoming SCoPE seminar called "The Art of Teaching". The facilitators explained to me that they would like organize live sessions to present video clips, then pause for discussion, and then resume the video. I wasn't sure the best way to do this, so started out with a Google search and found myself spending way too much time wading through information about video formats, video production, and all things related to video that didn't apply to my situation.

Then I decided to pose the question to my network. This thread of discussion speaks for itself. Thanks to Grant Potter, Frank Fucile, and Gerry Paille, by the end of the day I had received the informations I needed.










Social networking is the ultimate in just-in-time learning. It can be much more effective than the just-in-case learning you may experience in formal workshops and training. If you have an immediate need to know, your social network will be right there to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment