Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Second Life for Educators: Orientation Workshops

You're invited to participate in an upcoming series of free Second Life for Educators orientation workshops.

Have you heard of the virtual world of Second Life, perhaps even that it is being used for educational purposes, but been unsure of whether it’s worth exploring or not had time to do so? Have you gotten an account and entered the world and then dismissed it because you didn’t want to deal with the learning curve or couldn’t find anything worthwhile?

If you are an educator and answered yes to any of these questions, this series of workshops may be for you. Part of a BCIT - BCcampus [funded] project designed to mitigate some of the barriers to entering Second Life (SL), the workshops will provide educators with an introduction to the world, the knowledge and skills necessary to use it, and some of the issues relating to its use educationally.

Check the SLBC blog for full details about workshop dates, what you will learn, and how to register.

1 comment:

  1. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently! 대구오피


    ReplyDelete