Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Modular CSS

I'd never thought of this concept before, and it seems to be a good approach to simply life in the CSS lane.
This isn't a new idea but looking at people's code it doesn't seem to be a particularly widely used practice: modular CSS. That's a poncy name for the very simple idea of grouping related styles into separate stylesheets. The same set of tasks turn up on project after project and a little careful thought can save hours of foundation work, allowing you to get on with the serious business of turning a flat design into a web page far more quickly. The broad groups that I use are: typography, forms, layout, navigation and colour.

1 comment:

  1. After exploring a few of the blog posts on your web site, I really like your way of blogging. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Take a look at my web site as well and tell me how you feel.
    강남안마

    ReplyDelete