Monday, November 8, 2010

Spotlight on SCoPE

Last week at the ETUG Fall Workshop I was interviewed by Glenn Groulx, researcher from Athabasca University and faculty member at Northwest Community College. I've been following Glenn's work for a long time, and have been waiting to meet him in person. Of course when he asked for an interview I said absolutely! From (one of) Glenn's blogs:
In this podcast, Sylvia and I sat down during the ETUG workshop to talk about the SCoPE community, an international voluntary organization of educators interested in colloborating and exchanging ideas about the use of technologies in education. We talk about the nature of SCoPE, its early beginnings, how its participants have (or have not) changed, and methods for effective stewarding.
Talking with Glenn about the early days of SCoPE brought back a lot of memories, and now listening to this podcast I realize that I neglected to mention how grateful I am to the many members who have contributed to SCoPE over the years, and to SFU and then BCcampus for providing support for this online community.

Glenn  is facilitating a seminar at SCoPE for the next 3 weeks: Blogging in Professional Networks. I hope you'll join us!

2 comments:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You can at imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks! 오피


    ReplyDelete